GIST Space Ltd. is a British registered company formed by Commercial Space Technologies Ltd. (UK) and TSENKI (Russia), a Federal State Unitary enterprise providing all civil and commercial launches from the launch sites in Russia and Kazakhstan. GIST has been passed by the regulatory departments of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) and the British National Space Centre (BNSC).
GIST Space Ltd Services.
Using the combined expertise of the founding companies, the range of services GIST can supply to clients include:
- Specialist launching solutions not covered by Commercial Space Technologies brokerage services
- Dedicated launchers at special prices (such as on tests)
- Sub-components such as rocket engines, power systems, satellite buses, etc.
- Large-scale consultancy and design work not covered by normal Commercial Space Technologies services
- Launches to more specialised orbits such as High Earth Orbit (HEO), Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), Escape trajectories, etc.
For satellites of up to 500kg in mass, GIST Space Ltd. can arrange transport direct to Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO) by piggy-backing the payload on a Russian national launch by a Proton launch vehicle (and after 2009 by Zenit-2 or Fregat SB launch vehicles). Cluster launches can also be arranged for Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO) small satellites between 400kg and 1 tonne in mass. For satellites of up to 2 tonnes in mass, GIST Space Ltd. can arrange dual launches to Geostationary Transfer Orbit (GTO), or direct launches on Russian national missions by mounting the client’s payload directly above the main payload.